This event is a follow-up to the first-ever NurseHack4Health: COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon, presented during this year’s National Nurses Month by Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, SONSIEL and dev up.
More than 500 innovators from around the world came together for an inspiring weekend of collaboration and ideation. Together they developed solutions for several critical areas in COVID-19 patient care.
The winning solutions from the first NurseHack4Health virtual hackathon included:
- Project Flourish: A digital tool to bring telehealth to people in remote areas without the need for a smartphone;
- WellNurse: A mobile application providing coping strategies by nurses for nurses to address profession-related stress;
- Hear Now: A platform that hosts recorded messages from loved ones, which nurses can play for patients on demand;
- Nurse GPS: A method for tracking necessary medical equipment on hospital floors to improve efficiency of care; and
- Activate School Nurses: A platform that leverages student nurses to help alleviate the often-disproportionate school nurse-to-student ratio.
Here are videos from a few solution teams presenting at the last NurseHack4Health: