Our previous NurseHack4Health events have been able to convene hundreds of nurses and other innovators from around the world for an inspiring weekend of collaboration and ideation.
Our recent NurseHack4Health event in November 2020, “NurseHack4Health: Pandemic Management – Improving Education and Communication,” invited innovators to find ways to leverage technology to improve access to reliable, trusted education and communication amid a pandemic. Over the course of the weekend, Hackers worked together to ideate and develop solutions ranging from a universal way to report health-related misinformation, to an app that can share accurate and real-time vaccine information, to a mental health platform for adolescents that leverages gamification.
Watch a recap of our second NurseHack4Health event below!
Our first NurseHack4Health event, “NurseHack4Health: COVID-19 Virtual Hackathon,” was presented during National Nurses Month in May 2020 during the intensity of the COVID-19 health crisis.
The winning solutions from the first NurseHack4Health virtual hackathon included:
- Project Flourish: A digital tool to bring telehealth to people in remote areas without the need for a smartphone;
- WellNurse: A mobile application providing coping strategies by nurses for nurses to address profession-related stress;
- Hear Now: A platform that hosts recorded messages from loved ones, which nurses can play for patients on demand;
- Nurse GPS: A method for tracking necessary medical equipment on hospital floors to improve efficiency of care; and
- Activate School Nurses: A platform that leverages student nurses to help alleviate the often-disproportionate school nurse-to-student ratio.
Watch a recap of our first NurseHack4Health below!