Welcome to NurseHack4Health: Improving Access to Care
The COVID-19 health crisis has presented new health challenges and exacerbated existing ones for patients, communities and health systems around the world. The challenges of providing better quality, sustainable and equitable access to care are more pressing now than ever before.
We are thrilled to share that Rear Admiral Aisha K. Mix, DNP, MPH, RN, NHDP-BC, Chief Nurse Officer for the U.S. Public Health Service (PHS) Commissioned Corps, will be our keynote speaker for NurseHack4Health: Improving Access to Care. Learn more about her innovative work here.
Participants in our upcoming NurseHack4Health will be asked to create solutions that address the below focus areas:
Vaccine Education & Delivery:
- Communities and governments are working tirelessly to increase vaccine confidence and successfully distribute the COVID-19 vaccine. How can we improve our efforts in vaccine education and delivery to help alleviate the impact of COVID-19?
- How can we improve access to medical, behavioral, mental, dental and/or pharmaceutical healthcare services in communities where such resources and services are extremely limited or altogether unavailable?
Health Equity, Racial Disparities & Inclusion:
- The past year has demonstrated how connected racial injustices are to public health outcomes. How can we address the systemic disparities and inequities rooted in many areas of healthcare to help improve the health of communities of color?
New Models and Settings for Care:
- How can we improve the quality, efficiency and sustainability of non-traditional models and settings of care, to reduce the burden on hospitals and improve patient outcomes?
- Do you have an idea for a solution that can help improve access to care in an area that isn’t represented above? We invite you to work on developing that idea in this Open Topic category.
Participants will be empowered to share and develop their ideas that may transform access to and delivery of care. All ideas and solutions discussed or developed throughout NurseHack4Health will be considered open source. Learn more here.
Registration is LIVE! Join us to help Improve Access to Care during the third NurseHack4Health!
Keep up-to-date and join the conversation at #NurseHack4Health
NurseHack4Health is brought to you by:
Countdown to the hackathon!
You still have time to join us!